CNBC, the world leader in business news, is looking for a Director, Strategic Content & News Partnerships. This exciting role will join a team known for pioneering new editorial and sponsorship models across CNBC platforms.
The Director will be responsible for developing and driving organic growth initiatives and partnerships in support of CNBC Business Day, CNBC Events and CNBC Digital.
Success will depend on the Director having strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate with internal constituencies ranging from the Newsroom to Business Development to Integrated Marketing to Legal and Finance.
The Director role includes the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with our fast-growing Events business to develop editorially viable extensions of on-the-ground events, that we can program and monetize on linear, digital and social.
• Develop new production models for presenting content and sponsorship that preserve editorial integrity, support show producers, and still drive commercial value.
• Explore new programming platforms and/or daypart extensions of existing franchise properties
• Develop model for efficiently vetting inbound requests from Technology companies offering value-add services in exchange for attribution
• Monitor and report competitive industry trends and keep the team apprised of relevant developments that impact our work
• Responsible for managing, tracking and communicating the status of ongoing team projects in weekly formats as well as monthly all-hands meetings
• Responsible for managing/optimizing team budget, including annual budget pitch. Will work with Finance to evolve financial models supporting production costs that underwrite high dollar sponsorship programs.
• Collect and analyze data tied to team projects, overall business models, ensuring long-term viability
• Oversee existing news partner relationships
• Scale and weave existing partnerships into all parts of the organization to maximize ROI
• Work with CNBC Legal to advance discussions and deliver inputs for drafting paperwork ranging from MOU’s through Contracts
Internal Marketing/Sales Development
• Work with Sales facing members of the team to merchandise key programs to the sales force in sync with primary cycles (BCUF, Calendar, Scatter).
• Collaborate with producers and editors to preemptively package editorial concepts and content with an eye toward driving incremental revenue.
• Develop and manage a joint sales-editorial program where anchors, reporters and producers can showcase/explain big ideas and business day show strategies or general business themes to the salesforce.
• Socializing tent pole editorial franchise initiatives to critical support groups (Marketing, PR, Sales, Biz Dev) that can amplify the impact of our proprietary content (ex. Top 100 Wealth Managers, Disruptor50, etc)
• 5+ years of experience at a news organization or other major media enterprise
• Extensive knowledge of current editorial trends in markets, technology, investing, and media.
• Working knowledge of TV, Digital, Social and Mobile advertising landscape; including terminology and relevant business models.
• Experience managing a P&L; or at minimum managing the cost side of a budget.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven ability to execute competitive analysis, due diligence and investment research.
• Familiarity with CNBC’s content, brand, 25 year legacy and ongoing publicly available initiatives
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Comfortable and confident employing heavy influencing skills across teams/departments in order to foster compromise solutions.
• Capable of handling projects with minimal oversight.
• Interested in exploring and contributing to the creation of new content models.
• Graduate degree strongly preferred
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Always interested in learning new skills.
To apply, go here.