CNBC seeks a senior talent producer
At CNBC, Senior Talent Producers work to pitch ideas, book guests, producer segments.
– Scan wires, newspapers for guest ideas (deals, fresh research reports, interesting op-ed pieces, etc)
– Pitch guest ideas and proactively seek guests to appear on CNBC, following booking protocols
– Compile stories for and prepare the ”Morning Read” note for distribution by 8am.
– Work with Managing Editor/Chief Booker and Executive Producers on booking requests.
– Generate original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
– Pursue breaking news guests as news warrants.
– Research and develop new guests for network.
– Develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
– Conduct pre-interviews of guests and script questions for use by anchors and reporters as necessary.
– Coordinate with shows on correct/compelling copy and teases.
– Handle any necessary travel logistics for guests.
– Coordinate segment production with program – may include securing best sounds/video to use in segment, create stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders.
-Minimum of 5 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with a demonstrated writing ability, research skills and telephone communication skills.
-Prior experience booking high profile guests and producing segments in a top 20 news market, national platform, or business news environment is strongly preferred.
-Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under daily deadline pressure.
-Solid editorial judgment is essential. Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important.
-MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background is a huge plus. Proficiency with i-News computer system is preferred.
To apply, go here.