CNBC seeks a managing editor for broadcast
The Managing Editor helps craft and execute the strategic vision for CNBC broadcast programming. The successful candidate will oversee daily news coverage, long-term editorial planning, events coverage, on-air contributor usage, and budgeting.
The ME leads our news team crafting coverage for a deeply business-focused audience and develops strategies to deploy correspondents, evolve the beat reporter structure and drive high-profile coverage of the key trends moving markets.
• Enterprise strong unique content.
• Communicate clear expectations for quality content and the needs of our audience.
• Help guide TV staff in journalism best practices and content showcasing.
• Communicate individual and team goals clearly.
• Oversee short- and long-term coverage planning.
• Run daily news meetings to align coverage priorities with show teams and bureaus in SF, LA, Chicago and Washington, DC.
• Motivate, coach, develop and keep staff focused to ensure excellent performance.
• Manage and review performance of paid on-air contributors.
• Create development plans to help staff embrace strengths and challenges, and share and grow their abilities.
• Hold staff accountable for content that is balanced, fair, accurate and complete, incorporating where appropriate, a diverse range of sources.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in newsgathering, news production and/or news operations
• Minimum 5 years management and leadership experience of functions and personnel
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related broadcast field
• Able to work longer weekly hours as well as weekends when necessary with short notice
• Must be willing submit to a background investigation.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered for this position
• Demonstrate strong management, leadership, communication, collaborative and customer service (internal and external) skills, and a passion for self-development.
• Proactive, flexible, adaptable, organized, detailed oriented and able to multi-task and problem solve in a high-energy, fast-paced and constantly transforming environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to train as a subject matter expert.
• Take a results-oriented approach to work and leverage resources for competitive advantage.
• Demonstrate a highly developed skill as a critical thinker to work with other managers and staff to spot reporting holes, bias and other issues.
• Possess an understanding of the technologies used in the newsroom including Chyron, iNews, Avid, NewsTicker
• Use time effectively, efficiently and productively, and meet deadlines.
• Foster inclusion and diversity, and model company values.
To apply, go here.