CNBC Make It seeks a personal finance reporter
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented reporter to join the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC’s Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about money, entrepreneurship, leadership and careers.
The Reporter will be a member of the Money team. They will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging personal finance-focused content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
What you’ll do:
- Generate story ideas, report, write and create digital content on all topics related to personal finance, including retirement, savings, student loans, personal wealth, investing, budgeting, etc.
- Help grow the Make It brand and cultivate an engaged audience
- Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed
What you’ll bring:
• At least 3 years of experience as a writer/reporter
• Ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Familiarity with following and reporting on personal finance topics
• Familiarity and comfort with social media
• Ability to convey to readers why and how high-level or abstract stories could affect them
You’ll stand out if:
• You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• You’re passionate about digital storytelling, personal finance and creating the best user experience online
• You possess knowledge of or interest in the business world or financial news
To apply, go here.