CNBC.com seeks multimedia consumer reporter
CNBC.com is looking for a multimedia consumer reporter. The role requires a strong background in writing for both video and print, as well as a proficiency in producing and interviewing high-profile guests. Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
The multimedia consumer reporter will work with editors across teams to generate original story ideas and video series about companies in consumer-facing industries such as retail, consumer products, restaurants, transportation and health care. This person should be able to sniff out industry trends and have feature writing experience. The reporter will see projects through from pre-production through final delivery.
This reporter will be writing scripts for deep dives and explainers similar to these videos:
Why Starbucks Failed In Australia
How Target Is Challenging Amazon
Why Most Orange Juice Comes From Brazil, Not Florida
The ideal candidate will have experience in writing and video production at a major media outlet and a proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Pitching, writing, editing and producing original stories and content
• Prototyping new video executions including series, mini documentaries and explainers
• Partnering with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions for their print stories
• Coordinating with partners across all CNBC platforms to develop digital video content to support cross-departmental efforts
· A strong ability to tell visual stories in creative ways leveraging video footage, graphics and animation.
· Experience producing digital video content at a major news network or online news publication
· Must have expert-level experience reporting, writing, editing and producing original video content
· Knowledge of the Adobe Suite with an emphasis on Premiere and After Effects
· Demonstrated knowledge of online production and multimedia storytelling, and working knowledge of online publishing systems and technologies
· Broad knowledge of corporate and financial news
· Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
· Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
· A video production reel of the candidate’s work is required
To apply, go here.