Chinese WSJ seeks a platform editor in Beijing
The Chinese online version of The Wall Street Journal (CWSJ) is looking for a web editor to join our Beijing office.
You will be a crucial and direct channel between WSJ and our Chinese audience. You will edit content for our CWSJ website and help manage several influential social media accounts.
- Operate CWSJ’s website, update the homepage in time with translated stories and write accurate and attractive headlines and summaries.
- Translate multimedia content, including charts, photo captions and video subtitles.
- Participate in various CWSJ projects to engage and expand the audience.
- Help manage CWSJ’s social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Previous work experience in journalism or financial news editing
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, journalism, finance or economics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of finance, markets and business news with a good understanding of our audiences’ interests.
- Excellent English comprehension skills and command of written and spoken Chinese.
- Organizational skills and an ability to prioritize your work.
- A desire to work as part of a collaborative team
The job reports to the editor of CWSJ. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position.
To apply, go here.