Center for Public Integrity seeks editor
The Center for Public Integrity, a nonprofit Pulitzer Prize-winning news organization, is looking for an editor who has experience producing high-impact journalism to help shape the coverage of race and inequality.
- Collaborate on story and project ideas, including developing outreach strategies for those projects and stories
- Work with reporters and the communications, development and digital teams to maximize the impact and reach of stories and projects
- Assist reporters with planning and executing their reporting
- Edit reporters’ stories
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 15 years of experience as a journalist, including editing experience
- An ability to find illuminating stories; to craft attention-getting, in-depth, vibrant and well-organized narratives; and to meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional organization skills and a proven ability to work collegially with others
All applications should include a cover letter, a resume and several examples of journalism when applying for this post.