Celo is looking for a freelance writer to help drive the organization’s content strategy and broader marketing goals.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Celo aims to remove the barriers for large-scale adoption of cryptocurrencies as means-of-payment. Using a novel address-based encryption algorithm, the Celo protocol makes sending money as easy as sending a text. Additionally, Celo uses stable-value tokens pegged to fiat currencies, like the US Dollar, to minimize volatility. Celo is an open protocol enabling many to participate in the system, even with a budget Android smartphone. The first application launched on the Celo platform, Valora, is a social payments and money transfer app, aimed at developing markets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will work to gain a deep understanding of our brand, mission, and audiences, and produce a wide range of content, including (but not limited to) thought-leadership blog posts, press releases, case studies, interviews, and web copy. The role is remote and will begin as a three-six month contract position. You will be expected to:
- Ghostwrite blog posts and articles to be published elsewhere for Celo leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Assist with annual reports and quarterly content
- Research industry-related topics and suggest new blog topics
- Edit copy written by your peers and SMEs
- Assist in maintaining editorial calendars and style guides
- Three years minimum writing experience, with at least two years experience writing for the crypto/blockchain sector;
- A firm grasp of high-quality writing
- Excellent researching and interviewing skills
- Experience meeting hard deadlines
- Able to take complex technical information and turn it into easy-to-digest copy
- Experience juggling multiple projects
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- A basic understanding of keyword research and SEO
- Collaborative working style
- Ethical approach to writing
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Passionate about the sector
- Detail-oriented and able to handle editorial criticism
To apply, click here.