The Capitol Forum delivers investigative news and legal analysis of industry-defining competition policy issues to an influential subscriber base that includes investors, regulators, lawyers, and policymakers.
By producing timely investigative journalism and exclusive analysis, we have become one of the fastest growing, differentiated, and influential media companies in the United States.
POSITIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capitol Forum is seeking a Capitol Hill reporter with a proven ability to break business or policy news. The position will require the reporter to write clear, in-depth, accurate stories on antitrust issues that are in focus on Capitol Hill.
We’re looking for an aggressive journalist who can get market-moving scoops that shed light on government processes and place the news in context with penetrating analysis.
The best candidate will be a natural at building a source network on Capitol Hill and show persistence and determination in getting a story. Knowledge or background in competition law isn’t required, but you must be interested in learning what antitrust is and why it’s so important in today’s world.
The Capitol Forum compensates well for journalists with the right skills and provides a professional, supportive and entrepreneurial environment in which to thrive.
- At least four years of journalism experience, preferably on Capitol Hill
- Ability to write clearly and quickly
- Passion to break news on antitrust issues
- Interest in the intersection of business, government, politics and the law
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate with experience. The Capitol Forum provides our correspondents with a culture of learning, a passionate pursuit of the truth, influence over the issues covered, a team-oriented work environment, and access to a growing community of colleagues, sources, and readers. In addition, we offer:
- Health insurance coverage with company-funded HRA
- 401(k) plan
- Generous paid vacation plan
- Possible bonuses depending on a combination of factors, including quality of work and growth of the product
- Reasonable working hours and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance
- A casual but energized office culture
- Opportunity for advancement
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all applications, but we greatly appreciate your interest.
The Capitol Forum is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.