The Role: BuzzFeed News is seeking a driven, competitive reporter to hold the entertainment industry to account. Whether it’s treatment of actors and staff on set, rooting out additional #MeToo horror stories, or disparities in compensation — there are a lot of rocks to turn over in Hollywood and the ideal candidate should be relentless in their desire to shine a light on whatever they find.
Given that, they should also have experience navigating courts and law enforcement agencies for records and sourcing on a regular basis.
This candidate should be comfortable taking on daily assignments and pitching story ideas related to the current news cycle, as well as the foresight to create evergreen content that serves our readers, often years down the line, such as definitive rankings of popular or niche shows, episodes, movies, etc. In this vein, we’re looking for a real pop culture junkie who’s not afraid to poke the hive with some hot takes!
This role will ideally be based in the greater Los Angeles area and report to our LA-based Entertainment News Editor.
- Have 2-5 years of entertainment industry reporting experience
- Have the ability to shift between longer term reporting ventures and daily assignments to meet staggered deadlines
- Have no problem collaborating with other desks and editors
- Have the kind of impeccable organizational skills it takes to catalog and track larger reporting projects
- Be willing to represent BuzzFeed News on other media platforms
- Already developed sources and contacts in the industry and can hit the ground running
- Experience handling the PR flacks and attorneys that come with critical coverage
- A drive to beat the competition, whether it’s a big investigative story or an interview with a popular character on a hit show
- Fluency in internet culture, what people are talking about, and how to avoid misinformation
Salary band: 72,500-87,000 USD
For further details click here.