Business Insider is hiring a full-time tech ideas and innovation reporter.
This reporter would cover all the innovations that tech is enabling, as well as the broader impact technology has on our lives. This person will cover the future of cities, food, and the way we live, as well as stay on top of emerging technology trends and how they will impact business and consumers.
They would do a mix of features, trend stories and visual features.
The ideal candidate would consider themselves an enterprising reporter who is a big-picture thinker and is passionate about technology and how it affects our lives. Ideally, this candidate would have an interest in design and inventions, and be able to identify macro trends before they hit the mainstream.
You will write stories like:
- Cities could one day power homes and fuel cars with plastic, a giant step toward solving the pollution crisis
- San Francisco Bay Area cities are cracking down on free food at tech companies — here’s why that’s a good idea, according to a startup cofounder
- Kimbal Musk — Elon’s brother — is backing a fast-food chain that charges customers more in wealthier neighborhoods
- This proposed city of $420,000 floating pyramids is seeking ‘citizens’
- The San Francisco Bay Area’s economy is ‘defying gravity’ — and it reveals how powerful the tech industry has become
Business Insider is looking for someone with:
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Interest in reporting on a variety of topics
- Strong news judgement and a strong ability to frame stories in a clear, conversational way that makes people want to read more.
- A knack for explaining complicated topics in a clear, concise manner.
- The ability to work at a fast pace as part of a team.
This is a full-time position based in New York.