Business Insider seeks reporter to cover VCs and tech startups
Business Insider’s tech team is looking for a full-time reporter to cover venture capital and tech startups.
Silicon Valley’s tech startup scene is exploding, with investors from all over the world competing to find and fund the next billion-dollar “unicorn” companies. Business Insider is looking for a hungry reporter to join our growing VC and startups team, and to dive headfirst into the frenzied world of innovation, money, and hubris.
The ideal candidate is eager to chronicle the people and deals at the center of the story, curious to explore the ways powerful tech interests are influencing politics and development, and alert to the economic risks and downsides of the startup boom.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A strong interest in telling the stories of the entrepreneurs, investors and other players at the heart of Silicon Valley’s startup economy.
- A nose for news and a drive to be the first to write about the hot “stealth” startup or funding deal everyone is gossiping about.
- Experience covering a business beat and developing sources, and a good understanding of financial concepts.
- An open mind and flexible approach to writing and reporting everything from startup profiles to analyses of the IPO market.
- A strong sense of skepticism and immunity to hype — and a sense of humor.
This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco or New York offices. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation and full benefits packages.
To apply, go here.