This editor should be well-versed in personal finance and financial products, including 401(k)s, HSAs, 529s, credit cards, and mutual funds, and should be able to distill that knowledge effectively to help our readers make the most of their money.
They should also be able to write great headlines, put together catchy features, and help build our already robust stable of contributors and content sharing partners, which include Inc., Entrepreneur, and U.S. News & World Report.
The editor should expect to write daily and work closely with our Strategy and Careers teams, as well as manage at least one reporter and full-time interns.
The ideal candidate is bursting with ideas for how to make the vertical a vibrant must-read.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- A background in basic personal finance knowledge
- Comfort writing and editing stories on consumer-facing investment and financial products
- The ability to translate expert, nuanced financial advice into clear, straightforward articles
- Interest in digital media and how readers consume news on the web
- At least two years of experience writing and/or editing at a magazine or online publication
- Copy-editing skills, light HTML and Photoshop experience, and knowledge of social media are also useful
APPLY HERE with your resume and cover letter telling us why this is your ideal job.
Please note that this full time position requires that you work in our Manhattan office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.