Business Insider seeks Amazon, Google, Facebook reporter
Business Insider is hiring a full-time tech reporter to help us cover breaking news related to Amazon, Google, Facebook, and other tech giants as well as general tech news.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced news environment and is enthusiastic about writing a mix of articles, including short posts, photo-based stories, and reported features.
The reporter should be comfortable covering all things tech related, whether its an Apple product launch, a management shake-up at Facebook, or breaking down Amazon’s earnings statement.
You will write stories like:
- 8chan, the online message board that’s been repeatedly linked to mass shootings, is facing backlash in the wake of two deadly shootings
- Police are investigating a possible shooting threat at Twitch’s headquarters, but say there’s no longer an ‘active threat’
- WeWork just filed for its IPO, and revealed a lengthy list of risk factors that investors should be aware of
- The viral app that makes you look old with shocking precision may be quietly keeping all your data — but so is Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and everything else you’re already using
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent news judgement and a strong ability to quickly frame stories in a clear, conversational way that makes people want to read more.
- Comfortable writing several posts a day.
- The ability to work at a fast pace as part of a team.
- Experience covering business and consumer focused beats.
- A team player who is excited about the opportunity to build out our West Coast news coverage.
This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco office. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation and full benefits packages.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
If this sounds like your dream job, APPLY HERE with a resume and cover letter telling us why you want to be our new tech reporter.
To apply, go here.