Business Insider seeks a tech investigations editor
Business Insider is hiring a tech investigations editor to build a team of exceptional journalists who will expose the most significant, fascinating stories in the industry.
The investigations unit will start the news cycle, not follow it, and have enough time and space to produce high-impact journalism that uncovers some of the most interesting unanswered questions in Silicon Valley.
The investigations editor should have an established record of guiding long-term projects, with care and precision, from the seed of an idea to a fully-realized investigation. They should have an eye for “heat-seeking” story assignments that will result in must-read and subscribe journalism that gets everyone in tech talking. This person should be fluent in the methods of the trade, including archival research, open-source intelligence, records requests, and old-fashioned reporting.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- The ability to render complicated stories and deep-dive investigative pieces into compelling, gripping tales.
- An interest in collaborating with our reporters to shore up sourcing, sharpen their reporting skills, and help them dig up the information their stories need.
- A knack for discovering new ways of bolstering our coverage and growing the desk to its full potential.
- A background as a reporter.
- Experience shepherding stories through legal review and calmly facing down contentious subjects.
- Comfort editing stories on a diverse range of topics.
- A sharp eye for story presentation and skill at packaging.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
This is a full-time position. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages, including full benefits.
To apply, go here.