Business Insider seeks a small business reporter
Business Insider is hiring a full-time reporter to cover all things small business.
It will be a multifaceted beat, profiling the most compelling companies across the country, providing reader service regarding how to be successful in the field, and analyzing the many social and economic trends that position newer businesses to flounder or flourish.
This reporter will go beyond Silicon Valley and venture-backed startups to unearth hidden brick-and-mortar gems, find millionaire franchise owners, shine a light on successfully bootstrapped operations, and discover entrepreneurial heroes across America.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An interest in small businesses and the people behind them
- An eye for what makes stories pop online
- Comfort with business reporting
- Passion for providing readers with actionable advice and information
- A knack for bringing macro trends down to the personal level
- Ability to write quickly and efficiently, filing pristine copy
- Knowledge of what a nutgraf is and how to use it
- Desire to tell stories in whatever format serves a reader best, from highly visual slideshows and lists to text-heavier profiles
This is a full-time position based in our New York headquarters. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play, and live better.
To apply, go here.