Business Insider seeks a retail reporter
Business Insider is hiring a reporter to join its retail team. The reporter will focus on social media, advertising, and the ways that America’s favorite brands use both to engage their customers.
The retail reporter will have a familiarity with major consumer companies as well as the platforms these companies use to appeal to potential customers. This position requires comfort writing both medium-length features and quick news hits on the most viral advertising and social-media stories of the day. Topics could range from the latest Super Bowl ads to fast-food brands’ ramping up of their Twitter presence as well as backlash to Apple’s “What’s a computer?” commercial.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- An obsession with things people want to buy and how those things are advertised to consumers.
- An understanding of how readers consume news digitally.
- An ability to identify the heart of a story quickly.
- Experience working in a newsroom.
- Familiarity with SEO practices.
APPLY HERE with your resume and cover letter, and tell us why this would be your dream job.
The position is full-time in our New York City headquarters. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
To apply, go here.