Business Insider seeks a Microsoft reporter
Business Insider’s tech team is looking for a full-time reporter to help cover Microsoft.
The last 7 years has seen the resurgence of Microsoft as a technological, corporate, and political power, amid a successful push to establish itself as one of the two leading cloud computing providers on the planet.
The ideal candidate will be ready to dig into the ins and outs of Microsoft — everything from the drama in its executive ranks, to its approach to hybrid and remote work, to product strategies around products like Windows, Office, and Azure. This is a chance to make your mark covering one of the biggest and most valuable companies in the world.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A proven ability to write about business computing — and the companies and people behind it — in plain English without being dull.
- A desire to dig deep into Microsoft , tracking everything that’s going on in the company and explaining what it all means to our readers.
- Basic technical chops — you don’t need experience running an IT shop, but you must understand and not be intimidated by specs and acronyms.
- Proven ability to break news about the inner workings of these companies, from personnel moves to secret new products.
- Experience covering a business beat, developing sources inside the company as well as in the supply chain, and among customers, partners, and investors.
- Previous experience covering Microsoft a plus, but not required.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Insider community.
To apply, go here.