Business Insider seeks a C-suite reporter
Business Insider is looking for a business journalist who can cover the top decision-makers at large companies and drill down into what makes them and their ideas successful.
Our Premium leadership reporter will take a breaking news story and spot the smart, big-picture business angle to pull out of it. We want someone who can go toe to toe with executives, grok what’s meaningful in S-1s and earning statements, and draw out case studies from the triumphs and travails of large companies. They will map out the managerial and organizational hurdles that face large companies as they take on new opportunities, acquire and merge with competitors, and rapidly scale growth.
Sample stories in this vein include:
- A closer look at Joe Biden, America’s imperfect leader
- We talked to workers at Texas Roadhouse and Kate Spade about what happens to a company when a leader takes their own life
- It took Lowe’s CEO Marvin Ellison decades to rise to the executive ranks. Here’s how corporate America can accelerate the next generation of diverse leaders.
- I worked for Stacey Abrams and her superpower is in pushing her team to make bold moves, have big ideas, and risk failure
- CEO Roger Ferguson explains the leadership qualities that helped him rise to the top of TIAA to become one of the few Black leaders to head a Fortune 500 company
As such, we’re looking for someone who:
- Writes quickly, incisively, and concisely
- Is at ease interviewing high-status sources
- Can convert access journalism into company reporting
- Possesses a working knowledge of management and leadership and related fields as both research and practitioner disciplines
- Is thrilled to tease apart the operational minutiae involved in making business happen
- Can tell you what the top three business stories of the day are if you stop them in the hall
- Has an expansive view of the C-suite: You’ll know who to talk to when we need a chief revenue officer or a head of sustainability
- Shines on camera and in front of a microphone
This is a full-time position. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages, including full benefits.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter.
To apply, go here.