Business Insider is hiring tech editor
Business Insider is hiring an editor to work on its tech desk where you’ll help oversee a team of full-time reporters.
The mission of Business Insider’s tech desk is to cover the ever-evolving world of technology. Business Insider tackles the biggest tech news of the day, offers insight into the most exciting consumer products on the market and provides a window into the world of Silicon Valley’s elite.
As Business Insider’s tech editor, you’ll review a mix of stories ranging from breaking news and reported features to visual stories and product reviews. Business Insider is looking for someone who’s excited about the commercial aspect of technology, and can bridge the gap between a product and how it affects a company’s bottom line.
This role would include managing a team of reporters who cover a range of beats, including gadgets, video games and social media influencers. The ideal candidate will know how to work with a growing team at varying levels of seniority, including early-career fellows, junior reporters and experienced industry veterans.
Besides being an accessible and hands-on leader with a strong long-term vision, the ideal candidate would be:
- An experienced editor with unshakeable news judgement. You know what stories need to be told, and what Business Insider’s audience is interested in.
- A creative thinker with a bottomless supply of story ideas for the team to pursue.
- A quick but careful editor with both an eye for detail and an eye for visuals. You know how to weed out errors, but you also know how to tell a story through images. When editing a story, you care about the entire package.
- A headline pro who knows how to make Business Insider’s stories stand out from the pack.
- An organized, long-term strategist who is able to juggle the day’s news with planning for team-wide projects and series. You’re excellent at prioritizing what needs to get done, and you’re skilled at helping others keep track of multiple assignments.
- An analytical thinker who is comfortable working with metrics and harnessing tools like Google Analytics and Chartbeat to ensure the team’s success.
- A thoughtful communicator who is comfortable collaborating with multiple sections newsroom-wide.
The ideal candidate would have 2+ years of industry experience, preferably in a digital newsroom.
This is a full-time position in New York City.