Bloomberg Television seeks China correspondent
Bloomberg Television is seeking an experienced correspondent to join our broadcast team as we expand our coverage across Asia.
Based in Beijing or Shanghai you’ll be contributing to our 5 hours of news programming broadcast live each weekday morning, reporting on financial markets and breaking news from China, as well as writing and producing packages for Bloomberg’s TV and digital output. You may also be called upon to report live for our other Bloomberg TV centers and affiliates in London and New York and across Asia. The role will also involve frequent travel related to reporting and producing assignments in the field.
The successful applicant will have a strong passion for reporting on business and financial news. The understanding of financial markets, knowledge to identify relevant company news and financial market themes, and the ability to work under tough deadline pressure are all required. Strong networking and guest booking skills. Ability to handle unique challenges of working out of a remote bureau with relentless self-drive and machine-like teamwork. Experience in writing and producing stories and content for television is essential. Previous experience in live television reporting is highly desirable.
You will need to have:
- 5 years or more of journalism/TV experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Live reporting experience is preferable
- Strong packaging/writing skills
- Strong knowledge of business, financial market and China
- Native level English is essential
- Fluency in Mandarin is highly desirable
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel (including nights, weekends and holidays)
To apply, go here.