Bloomberg seeks digital news editor in New York
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through partnership with key news-makers.
Bloomberg is looking for news editor to join the editorial team at its flagship online publication in New York. The role of news editor at Bloomberg Digital is a uniquely modern position that requires tenacity, speed, technical know-how, and a daily passion for news. News editors are unflappable in the face of fast-breaking news, poised under pressure, and committed to accuracy.
News editors are responsible for spotting big stories and featuring them on the homepage, social and mobile. A high degree of fluency with news-gathering technology, mobile apps and social media is a requirement, as news editors work natively in a digital environment, spotting stories, trends, and patterns.
As our digital news editor, we’ll trust you to:
- Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news
- Evaluate and promote the most important stories of the day on the front page and the app
- Have a deep understanding of and responsiveness to digital analytics
- Work with social media editors to effectively share stories with the world
- Write and send mobile push alerts for various audience groups & region
- Ensure clear writing of headlines, decks and any story framing
- Coordinate with editorial teams in Europe and Asia
We’ll need you to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- -5+ years of experience at a leading company
- A strong understanding of the tools, trends, platforms on digital media
- Experience with mobile and social platforms
- Background in journalism, preferably with business and financial news
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure
To apply, go here.