Bloomberg is looking for an experienced editor to oversee our coverage of Equality in the UK and the rest of EMEA.
Gender, race, religion and LGBTQ+ are some of the most potent forces shaping modern business, finance and economics and we are looking for someone who will help us chronicle that story. The successful candidate will need to be a creative and nuanced storyteller who can work with reporters across the newsroom to uncover stories about economic exclusion, minority entrepreneurship, workplace diversity and the dynamic politics around LGBTQ+ rights.
Who has power? Who doesn’t? And how is that changing?
The role involves a mixture of daily news flow and longer-term enterprise. You will help shape story ideas, edit copy and develop insightful data-driven enterprise projects. The bulk of the beat will be in print but streaming and podcasts are increasingly important platforms for us. So experience executing video and audio projects would be an added bonus.
The role will have a special focus on the UK as Bloomberg rolls out its new UK website, but the successful candidate will also work on stories from across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
We’ll trust you to:
- Drive daily coverage and produce high-quality enterprise pieces on trends
- Develop close relationships with the senior editors in the UK and across EMEA bureaus
- Maintain daily and regular communication with senior managers about stories in the region and offer ideas of how to turn them into print and/or multi-media content
You will need:
- 5 or more years of journalism experience
- Exceptional news judgment
- The capacity to work effectively across multiple teams in a collaborative manner
- An ability to think creatively about story presentation, formats and work with different platforms on audience engagement
To apply, go here.