You will research, report, script, shoot, interview sources, and edit topical, news-focused explainer and feature videos that may range in length from three to seven minutes. You will make complex and abstract topics accessible and engaging through visually compelling video, diving into U.S. law, on topics as diverse as marijuana laws, tech regulation, and tax policy, including the people –lawyers, judges, lawmakers, and Supreme Court justices – that make, practice, and interpret the law. You are comfortable pitching, developing, and reporting stories for videos both individually and collaboratively with reporters and editors across our legal, tax, and government news desks.
What will you do:
- Shoot and edit videos
- Pitch, develop, research, report, and write scripts for videos
- Partner with reporters and editors across the newsroom to identify and produce stories that are both visually distinctive and of interest to Bloomberg Industry Group’s subscribers
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of production
- Ensure that all journalistic and legal standards are followed
You need to have:
- At least 7 years of experience producing videos in a news or documentary environment
- High level of expertise with Premiere Pro and knowledge of After Effects and the Adobe Suite
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with industry standard camera setups (FS7 and FS5, C300, DSLRs)
- Deep knowledge and prior experience with lighting and audio setups in both the studio and the field
- Excellent interviewing skills, comfortable booking and engaging with high-profile newsmakers
- Ability to convey news and tell stories in creative ways using high-quality video and motion graphics
- Knowledge of and interest in Bloomberg Industry Group’s core topic areas of law, tax, and government
To apply, go here.