You will work with reporters from pitch to publication – coaching them, driving coverage, and producing high-quality stories both short and long. Your work will be featured on our consumer platforms and create value for our customers across channels for legal, government and financial professionals on the Bloomberg Law and BGOV services and the Bloomberg terminal. You are on the front line of our coverage, producing daily and enterprise copy alongside some of the most talented reporters in the industry, and helping us elevate our coverage, break more news, and create a newsroom culture of excellence.
What you will do:
- Plan, pitch, and execute stories that inform and delight our audiences.
- Seriously, it’s that first thing. But you will also get to coach reporters on how to break more and bigger stories, help us select terrific feature ideas, make sure we meet deadlines, and pitch ideas for videos and podcasts.
You need to have:
- Have exceptional curiosity and news judgment to unpack complicated legal and government actions, and then to help reporters make them interesting.
- Demonstrate excellent editing and writing skills.
- Be highly collaborative and show the ability to manage change, influence others in the newsroom, and communicate with reporters and editors of various backgrounds and experience levels.
- Have excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, along with the ability to juggle stories and meet tight newsroom deadlines.
- Be a self-starter who sets high standards and leads by personal example and can help guide reporters towards becoming stronger journalists.
- A bachelor’s degree required.
- Seven-or-more years of experience in journalism.
For more information click here.