Barron’s is seeking an experienced writer to cover major economics news and provide analysis of what those events mean for the broader economy, companies, markets and the pocketbooks of ordinary Americans. From the actions of the Federal Reserve to the reshaping of the jobs market to the growth of the US economy, few topics carry more weight for our readers.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working in a newsroom covering markets & economics topics; preferable 5 years of experience.
- Background and understanding of economics, economic data and economic news releases
- Experience covering major news quickly and able to provide explanations of those developments in real time.
- Willing and able to travel around the country or talk to workers, the unemployed or company executives to understand how economic events are playing out on the ground.
- Ability to develop and write enterprise stories in clear, compelling ways
- Able to collaborate with reporters, editors, and our visual journalists is a must, as Barron’s strongly values teamwork.
To apply, go here.