ALM seeks a business of law reporter in Atlanta
As part of ALM’s global newsroom, the business of law team covers the news, trends and issues affecting major law firms and the legal industry. We’re focused on delivering breaking news, analysis and features on matters that impact large and midsize firms’ business, such as mergers, staffing issues, geographic expansion, management and compensation, as well as the evolution of new models for delivering legal services.
ALM, publisher of the Daily Report, The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal and other award-winning national, international and regional publications, seeks a full-time reporter to cover law firms and the legal industry in Georgia and the Southeast region. This reporter will cover the business operations and strategies of law firms founded in Atlanta and the surrounding region, from small, local firms to international law firms among the biggest in the world. We’re looking for someone who is ready to break news, craft features and develop a broad and deep network of sources in the region.
- Produce breaking news stories on tight deadlines for readers in the Georgia and national markets.
- Develop sources, establish and broaden a base of industry contacts.
- Produce enterprise articles, including features and investigative pieces, while juggling daily news commitments.
- Work well in a team environment with colleagues based around the world.
- Average 5-7 stories per week, including breaking news and analysis/enterprise.
- Demonstrated reporting and writing skills, especially for a business audience.
- Ability to develop ongoing source relationships.
- Good interviewing skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience covering the legal industry is a major plus.
- Must be able to write quickly, but also be able to pivot and do enterprise stories.
- Must be team-oriented and have good communications skills.
- Must have a degree in journalism, communications, English or similar background.
- Some journalism experience is preferred, including internships.
- A self-starter, but open to taking direction
- Must have a “can do” attitude
- An ability to adapt and be nimble
- Open to coaching
To apply, go here.