Ad Age seeks a data reporter
Ad Age is looking for a full-time data journalist to expand our data-informed offerings.
Ad Age is looking for a creative individual with strong analytical skills who can help us expand and deepen our signature data offerings. The data reporter will be someone to write and help us edit articles that include statistical analysis across all our areas of coverage, including marketing, media, agencies, advertising, ad tech, mar tech. The data journalist will work with the Ad Age Datacenter team to mine proprietary data (as well as outside data) to write and edit stories built on original reporting and analysis.
This is an ideal position for a research-minded reporter who can work on both short- and long-term projects, find and develop a story in spreadsheets and tell stories through data visualizations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving
- Master’s degree in journalism OR Bachelor’s degree plus three years’ professional experience in a newsroom
- Business reporting experience
- Ability to find newsworthy stories in media, marketing, ROI, advertising and other sources of data
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with a variety of deadlines
- Basic web development: HTML, CSS
- Ability to write for a non-technical audience
- Proficient in use of Excel
- Online / digital portfolio is essential.
- Experience with cleaning, manipulating, analyzing and displaying data
- Familiarity with Nielsen, comScore and Kantar Media data
- Precision and accuracy is paramount
- Must be comfortable in explaining numbers simply to a sophisticated but varied business audience
- Chart and graphic experience would be a plus
- Strong statistical training
To apply, go here.