KFSN-TV/ABC30 Action News, the ABC Owned Television Station in Central California, is seeking a Newscast Producer. We are looking for someone with experience producing dynamic newscasts with story showcasing and multiple live elements. You would be responsible for story development and context, writing stories and teases, building graphics, timing and all other editorial and production elements. You must have proven control room experience and expert ability to handle live breaking news. Expect to contribute story ideas daily and participate actively in coverage decisions and editorial meetings. We want a self-starter and team player who can collaborate effectively with a wide range of personnel and support and contribute to an inclusive culture. Candidates must embrace multi-platform content creation for TV, digital platforms and social media. You must be organized and work well under pressure with constant deadlines.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and produce all elements of a linear newscast.
- Lead the way on live breaking news and event coverage.
- Actively participate in editorial planning and pitch stories daily
- Fill in producing other newscasts as needed on all platforms.
- Willing to experiment with new technology.
- Minimum 1 year of TV newsroom experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Solid news judgment
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity and ethical decision-making skills.
- Shifts may vary and are submitted to the requirements of the business. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, early mornings, and potential overnights.
- Knowledge of the Central Valley and bilingual skills are a plus.
- Four-year college degree.
The pay rate for this role in Fresno is $ 52,452 to $55,350 per year
Please apply online at www.abc30.com/jobs or send your resume to KFSN-TV, Human Resources, Dept. 23-NP 1777 G Street, Fresno, CA 93706.
For further details click here.