US News & World Report seeks an investing editor
The Consumer Advice team at U.S. News & World Report, which strives to help people make smarter decisions when it comes to saving and spending, retirement, careers and investing, is seeking a skilled editor to join our enthusiastic team of writers and editors producing online investing content. This Investing Editor role includes working with staff writers and freelancers, as well as occasionally writing your own insightful analysis of stocks, mutual funds, ETFs and personal finance as it relates to individual investors. Strong writing and editing skills are required, and an investing/personal finance background is a must. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
- Be an essential part of a team that recruits freelancers and bloggers to generate content with a consumer-advice focus
- Successfully juggle the editing and production of SEO-rich enterprise content with quick-turnaround articles about the day’s top stock market developments
- Edit and publish online content to the Smarter Investor blog
- Edit investing stories from staff writers and contributors
- Contribute to the editing and production of a daily Investing newsletter
- Generate story ideas and write occasionally
- Contribute to guiding investing content strategy
- Work closely with data, product and design teams to improve research products, including Best Stocks, Best Mutual Funds, Best ETFsand Financial Advisors
- Three to five years of reporting and editing experience; reporting background in business or investing
- Experience with content management systems
- Demonstrated success in using SEO concepts, Web analytics and social media platforms to reach a broad audience
- Strong knowledge of investing topics, including stocks, mutual funds and ETFs, as well as retirement issues
- Demonstrated experience in supervising on-site reporters and remote freelance contributors
- The ability to multitask and work on tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision and 401(k) plan.
To apply, go here.