TheStreet.com seeks consumer reporter
TheStreet Inc., an award-winning financial media company, is seeking a reporter to join its consumer team. Based in New York, this writer will be part of a team responsible for covering all aspects of the consumer industry from retailers to restaurants. The right candidates will be enthusiastic about the beat, familiar with the basics of the consumer industry, and open to doing videos.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Evaluating news leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Gathering and verifying factual information through interviews, observation and research
• Representing TheStreet on television and video
• Following market trends and providing sophisticated analysis that will be useful to a readership of both individual and institutional investors
• Breaking down complex topics and reports laced with industry jargon into clear, engaging prose and/or video segments, without losing nuance
• Familiarity with income statements, balance sheets and other regulatory filings
• Familiarity with company-valuation metrics
• Some experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg, Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ and Thomson Reuters
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• 0-3 years of business reporting experience
• Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Comfort level with consumer terminology and numbers
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.