Pittsburgh Business Times seeks a digital producer
The Pittsburgh Business Times, an award-winning business news organization in one of the most dynamic business markets in the country, is looking for a Digital Producer to own, run and build its online, social, and mobile presence.
The Digital Producer is responsible for the day-to-day management of all online content, and development and execution of the online content strategy across all platforms and products. The primary goal of the Digital Producer is to craft timely and compelling digital products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience and extend the Business Times brand.
In addition to working with staff- and user-generated content, the Digital Producer is expected to curate, report and write posts as well as produce interactive features, galleries and video. The end result should be a rich and vibrant digital experience that serves the Business Journal audience, generates user feedback and inspires robust community interaction.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a newsroom that values scoops and exclusives above all else, and knows its audience and market exceptionally well. The right Digital Producer will know how to exploit those attributes to broaden the reach of Business Times content, its staff and its products, contributing his or her own excellent content as part of the mix. In addition, the role calls for a digital native who is equally adept at using the essential tools of content delivery and audience engagement, and helping reporters and editors learn to embrace and use them, as well.
• Solid news judgment
• Good reporting and writing skills
• Leadership acumen and a desire to work collaboratively
• Some familiarity with SEO and site/traffic/engagement metrics
• A keen interest in what’s new, what’s next and what’s breaking
• An ability to balance high standards for content quality with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives
• Reporting experience (business reporting experience preferred)
• Experience managing an online news operation
• Exceptional news judgment
• A firm belief in the power of social media
• Ability to understand and interpret site metrics
• Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
• Multimedia interest and acumen — video and audio, especially — is critical. The ability to design infographics for the web a must.
• Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
• Comfortable working in a content management system
• Knowledge of HTML a plus
Several years as a reporter or editor in a digital-first newsroom
Digital content management experience a plus
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.