NerdWallet seeks investing reporter
NerdWallet is looking for great writers with an entrepreneurial mindset. You have ideas to contribute. You want to do more than earn a living. You want to help build a business. You’re comfortable with change and taking constructive criticism. You’re a strong writer who wants to keep improving and learning new skills.
That’s what it takes to thrive at NerdWallet. We’ve been around since 2009, helping consumers make smart financial decisions. We cover consumer finance — banking, credit cards, education, health care, insurance, investing, mortgages, personal loans, shopping, small business — you name it.
We’re looking for a writer to join our Investing team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a passion for topics that help people make informed investing decisions to grow their portfolio, fund their retirement and improve their lifestyle. He or she should be able to translate complex information on topics such as 401(k)s, IRAs, brokerages, robo-advisors, mutual funds and trends in the investment community into conversational copy that engages our audience.
While NerdWallet does not write about individual stocks or investments, a familiarity with trading and the markets is desirable, as is the ability to interpret news events and trends in politics, economics and industry and write about how they may affect investors.
We have a content team of 90+ and we’re growing.
Our staff writers and editors have worked at outlets such as ABC, Bloomberg, CNN, Dow Jones, ESPN, the LA Times, MarketWatch, MSN, MSN Money, Reuters, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. We also have staff writers who spent years as successful freelancers. What we have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem solve effectively. We’re adaptable. We’re highly collaborative.
Where you can make an impact:
- Write high-quality stories with reasonable deadlines
- Help build our business
- Flexibility and comfort with change. (We’re a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
- A strong work ethic
- A strong command of language
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work well on your own, as well as in a team setting
- The ability to juggle multiple projects
- Strong work in writing about personal finance and investing. Experience covering hard news may also be considered. Our work involves understanding complex topics and explaining them conversationally. Please include links to your work samples along with your cover letter and resume.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and a kitchen stocked full of snacks
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
To apply, go here.