NerdWallet seeks a credit cards reporter
NerdWallet is looking for a great writer with an entrepreneurial mindset to report on credit cards from a consumer-first perspective. You have ideas and subject-area expertise to contribute. You want to do more than earn a living. You want to help build a business. You’re highly comfortable with change and taking constructive criticism. You’re a strong writer who wants to keep improving.
That’s what it takes to thrive at NerdWallet. We’ve been around since 2009, helping consumers make smart financial decisions. We cover consumer finance — credit cards, of course, but also banking, insurance, investing, mortgages, personal loans, shopping, small business, student loans, you name it.
Our staff writers and editors have worked at outlets such as ABC, Bloomberg, CNN, Dow Jones, ESPN, the LA Times, MarketWatch, MSN, MSN Money, Reuters, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. We also have staff writers who spent years as successful freelancers. What we have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem solve effectively. We’re adaptable. We’re highly collaborative.
Where you can make an impact:
- Generate consumer-focused story ideas around credit cards
- Write high-quality stories with reasonable deadlines
- Help build our business
- Knowledge of the credit card space, including the options available for consumers and strategies for choosing the right products
- Flexibility and high comfort with change. (We’re a successful startup that will continue to grow and innovate aggressively.)
- A strong work ethic
- A strong command of language
- Attention to details
- The ability to work well on your own, as well as in a team setting
- The ability to juggle multiple projects
- Strong work in writing about personal finance and credit cards. Our work involves understanding complex topics and explaining them conversationally. Please include links to your work samples along with your cover letter and resume.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
- Remote: co-working space subsidy
- Remote: ergonomic desk, chair and/or keyboard subsidy
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply, go here.