Naples Daily News seeks real estate and business reporter
Real estate and business news is huge, and it doesn’t get any big than in Southwest Florida. We are looking for a business/real estate reporter with a passion for property.
And Naples has its fair share of expensive land, so all that’s missing is a top-flight real estate and business writer to cover it all. We want someone who loves reporting and writing front-page stories on mansions and property sales. The reporter also will be expected to cover stories not as big, from writing business briefs to newsy, feature stories.
Do you have what it takes to dig up the dirt (as in land, get it?) on Southwest Florida real estate? Beaches lined with mega homes await the right person to work in this tropical setting.
What you will do:
· Creates storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms through the use of metrics. Acts as the community’s leading watchdog in area of real estate and business development.
· Connects with the community through storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.)
· Works with the content strategist and audience analyst to evaluate what’s working and what’s not, and develops ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
· Collaborates with content team to provide all the appropriate elements for stories (i.e. photos, videos and graphics).
· Provides thoughtful analysis of complex issues.
· Promotes personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
· Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
What skills you need:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications.
· 2+ years’ experience reporting business and real estate
· Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers’ time and money.
· Self-motivation and self-direction.
· Advanced knowledge of social media and how to engage fan base on digital platforms in the public space.
· Photo and video skills.
· Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
· Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
· Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
· Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company’s goals.
· Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
To apply, go here.