Fortune seeks junior finance reporter
Fortune is looking for a sharp, well organized, and ambitious journalist to join us as a junior reporter in New York. The ideal candidate has a general business background, with a particular interest in covering investing, fintech, and the evolution of Wall Street.
- Pitch and write smart stories about the stock and bond markets, cryptocurrencies, financial regulation and innovation, and the impact of breaking news on stock prices.
- Help produce The Ledger, our weekly newsletter on the intersection of technology and finance.
- Work on Fortune franchises, including our Investors’ Guide and The Ledger 40 Under 40.
- Help out with coverage and planning of our conferences and other live events.
- Experienced: You will have no less than one year’s experience as a reporter, writer, or editor, ideally with some focus on the business world. You know how to take a complicated subject and break it down into something that’s understandable and interesting to our reader.
- Forward-looking:You’re eager to give readers a smart take on the day’s events—capable of explaining what happened, but also delving into the long-term impact that a given event might have for investors and entrepreneurs.
- Comfortable with words andnumbers. You can tell the difference between a big gain or loss and a small one, and you know that it takes a lot of millions to make a billion.
- Engaged: Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. And you’re comfortable collaborating with equally engaged editors and writers.
- Digital: You’re familiar with social and search distribution and know how to use both to enhance your reporting and to extend the reach of your stories.
- Flexible: Digital journalism is constantly evolving. You’re ready and willing to change with it.
The position is based in New York and reports to Fortune’s finance editor.
To apply, go here.