CNBC seeks a field producer in San Francisco
The Field Producer brainstorms and pitches ideas, researches topics and works closely with reporter(s) to advance stories, break news and produce segments both in- studio and in the field.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Work both independently and with reporters/anchors to produce original business news content, primarily for broadcast and additionally for digital and social. Production responsibilities may include research, conducting interviews, writing and editing, field producing and overseeing editing.
- Pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial planning team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with, and be knowledgeable and current on companies in the universe of coverage.
- Communicate clearly with reporter and field production crews to determine best coverage plan and live remote locations. Maintain all video/digital records, feed necessary and relevant video to bureau/headquarters, communicate to editors and/or desk producers how video should be cut/taken to air. Communicate with CNBC Newsdesk editors on available live times, understand and be owner of all live hit requests, disseminate hit times to reporter and on the ground team.
- In the bureau/studio, work with reporter on day-of-air hits. Locate all video needed whether it be in-house archival or acquired through shoots, satellite feeds, company hand-outs. Work with editors to create video elements for reporter live hits and packages, create chyron elements in show rundowns, making sure all elements are done correctly. Alert reporter to any time changes or timing issues with hit.
- Book taped and live interview segments, thoroughly research the guest/topic and conduct pre-interviews. Take ownership of the segment from pitch to production, including but not limited to: updating CNBC guest tracker , booking feeds , collecting relevant video, working with editors to cut elements for segment , summarizing pre interview for reporter or anchor, making certain of correct spelling and pronunciation of guest names and adhering to CNBC’s booking policies.
- Plan and contribute to digital and social coverage.
- Keep up-to-date on universe of coverage, flagging upcoming events in designated sectors to CNBC editorial planning team.
• Minimum of four years booking, segment producing, field producing in live television environment with a demonstrated writing ability, research skills, communication skills and editorial judgment.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in business news and current events and a familiarity with the media sector.
• Deep knowledge of major tech companies, able to read financial statement
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments, while working with multiple reporters and editors on the broadcast and digital teams.
• Experience with multiple forms of social media.
• Experience with basic field camera operation (DV, DSLR), Avid iNews and content management systems.
• Must be willing to travel, often with short notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree
To apply, go here.