CNBC.com seeks an associate producer
CNBC is seeking a talented associate video producer to join its digital video team.
This candidate should be comfortable in all aspects of video production, and possess a unique storytelling voice. The ideal candidate would be comfortable pitching, crafting and owning his/her original projects as well as working with other reporters and producers on their stories.
The Associate Producer will be tasked with pitching and creating video stories tailored for digital, mobile, and social platforms. The ability to pitch unique stories daily backed by solid editing, shooting and writing are a must. The AP must be able to report on stories, have a keen interest and understanding of a broad spectrum of topics that can be framed through CNBC’s brand/voice and write in a concise yet, conversational manner. Candidates are required to provide video samples for consideration in the role.
• Four-year college degree with course work/major emphasis on communications, TV/Web production, journalism or multimedia studies
• 2+ years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including producing, shooting, editing and lighting
• Experience editing on Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
• Experience with DSLR and cinema camera shooting
• Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Script and/or voice-over writing experience
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude. We are looking for team players with a “can do” spirit!
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate’s work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel as needed for assignments
• Photography experience preferred
• Skills in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial/money-related news
* The ability to take and provide critical feedback for all stories
To apply, go here.