Bloomberg Government seeks congressional reporter
We want a facile writer and dogged reporter — someone who can meet a deadline, and who hates to be second on any significant development. We’re looking for an analytical thinker, who understands both policy and process, who can take the lead on a daily newsletter for subscribers of Bloomberg Government and contribute to other Bloomberg Government features. We need someone like you to join our Congress Tracker team as a Congressional Reporter.
You’ll work in our DC bureau, at the heart of all things politics, surrounded by every facet of U.S government. You’ll cover budgets, appropriations and all things Congress. We’ll want you to work collaboratively with both Bloomberg News and Bloomberg BNA colleagues to provide comprehensive coverage. Are you up for the challenge?
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Minimum of five years of journalism experience
- Ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under deadline pressure
- Ability to build on a base of existing sources within Congress
- Experience covering Congress, appropriations, and the budget process
- Ability to identify trends and spot when a change of word choice signals a change in strategy
We’d like to see:
- An entrepreneurial and energetic approach to the job
- Enthusiasm for adding the kind of detail or analysis that creates value for sophisticated consumers of legislative news
- A good communicator and collaborator
- A curious mind and a scrappy passion for reporting
- Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills
- An ability to see past talking points to explain events of the day and analyze what’s to come
To apply, go here.