Bloomberg BNA seeks congressional reporter
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Congressional Reporter to serve as lead beat reporter for assigned publication(s).
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Develop and cover assigned beat(s).
- Consistently breaks news.
- File breaking news alerts, intraday stories and final write-throughs.
- Develop and consistently maintain high-level sources in the government and private sector.
- Originate, propose, and develop story ideas.
- Report, research, and write news stories and features (including complex and/or analytical pieces).
- Remains current on issues and developments related to assigned beat(s).
- Serve as subject area expert and resource for others covering same or related beat(s).
- Help coordinate coverage and guide less experienced staff.
- Edit material written by BBNA and BGOV, or from outside authors to ensure they are appropriate for your topic area.
- Help curate articles from outside authors.
- Lead production of publication(s) as needed.
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
5+ years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications; mastery of reporting and writing skills required to product news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline; mastery of journalism principles and techniques; proven ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews; knowledge in depth of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline; ability to serve as subject area expert and resource for others covering same or related beat(s); proficiency in MS Office; ability to use BBNA and BGOV publishing tools and other technology effectively with training; excellent proofreading skills; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
To apply, go here.