Bloomberg BNA seeks agriculture reporter
Bloomberg BNA seeks a reporter to perform general assignment and beat reporting and write in-depth analytical pieces on agriculture and food safety issues.
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Develop and cover assigned beat(s).
- File breaking news alerts, intraday stories and final write-throughs.
- Develop and maintain sources in the government and private sector.
- Originate, propose, and develop story ideas.
- Report, research, and write news stories and features (including scoops, as well as complex and/or analytical pieces).
- Remain current on issues and developments related to assigned beat(s).
- Coordinate activities with other BBNA reporters and editors who cover related beats.
- Edit material written by other staff members, from other BBNA publications, or from outside authors to make appropriate for your topic area.
- Help curate articles from outside authors.
- Participate in production of unit’s publication(s).
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications; ability to report and write news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline; Working knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline; proficient in MS Office; ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; and excellent proofreading skills. Bachelor’s with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
To apply, go here.