Bloomberg BNA seeks a reporter
Bloomberg BNA seeks a reporter to perform general assignment and beat reporting and write in-depth analytical pieces. Research, and write news stories and features for assigned publication(s).
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Develop and cover legal/regulatory/industry beat on corporate and transactional issues.
- Develop and maintain sources in the government and private sector, with an emphasis on federal and state court litigation, state legislative developments and industry trends.
- File breaking news quickly and write update stories throughout the day as warranted.
- Originate, propose, and execute multi-sourced enterprise stories, such as profiles and analytical trend pieces.
- Report, research, and write both news stories and features (including scoops, as well as complex and/or analytical pieces).
- Stay abreast of industry and state legislative developments as well as litigation in state and federal courts.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3 + years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications; demonstrated ability to report and write news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline; working knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; demonstrated ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline; proficiency in Microsoft Word. ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; excellent proofreading skills. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
To apply, go here.