Bisnow seeks managing editor
Bisnow is seeking a seasoned, razor sharp Managing Editor in New York City to help lead and build our burgeoning global newsroom.
We’re in the business of delivering intelligence at the intersection of international commercial real estate and politics, sports, entertainment, business, technology and beyond. Operating with journalistic footholds in more than 30 global markets, we’re seeking a thorough top-level editor to help us organize our team’s output while embracing expansion into wherever the internet wants us to go next.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about amazing office and apartment buildings, brick and mortar retail, restaurants, architecture, design, technology, construction, urbanism and lifestyle trends — and be able to advise a band of editors on how to contextualize news for our audience.
- Provide guidance and operational planning for day-to-day coverage, packages and special projects for Bisnow.com and our large stable of newsletters.
- Big-picture editing on feature stories for Bisnow.com, while working with regional editors to develop related content across our local sites.
- Help coordinate teams in four primary departments — News, Branded Content, Social Media and Video.
- Develop talent, both in-house and freelance.
- Assist Editor-in-Chief in recruiting new talent.
- Be able to speak to editorial direction in EIC’s stead in collaboration with Sales, Events, Audience
Development and other teams.
- Weigh in on major decisions around brand and editorial strategy, growth and structuring and building
- 5-10 years working on an editorial team; management experience in digital storytelling a plus.
- Clear, friendly, hyper-organized, goals-based management style.
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled, thorough, and conscientious editor.
- Experience editing and recruiting high-caliber writers and editors.
- Published clips demonstrating the ability to weave a compelling story.
- An eye for quality journalism, as well stories with viral/share potential.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Deep familiarity with the competitive set in our space.
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms.
- Basic Google Analytics skills.
- Basic SEO knowledge.
Sound like you? Then send us a resume, cover letter, and three examples of work you’ve written or were the editorial lead on (you may submit URLs in a cover letter or attachments as part of your application) to firstname.lastname@example.org.