Barron’s seeks a digital editor
Barron’s is undergoing a digital investment and transformation program and requires an exceptional digital editor to help us present and deliver our reporting across digital platforms. The Digital Editor will be responsible for a variety of activities, from online production and the development of new storytelling formats, to training other members of the newsroom and working with the product and technology teams to upgrade our CMS.
The digital editor will:
- Oversee online programming, including the production and publication of online content, making sure that our mix of content is timely and distinctive
- Work with editors to develop and launch new storytelling and distribution experiments, translating Barron’s reporting into new online formats
- Ensure that all headlines, online copy and visuals are digital and audience first, across platforms
- Push for the development and adoption of new production processes and tools across the newsroom, including the training of other editorial staff
- Advance the cause of workflow efficiency and help develop products that can benefit the newsroom
- Manage the Barrons.com homepage and apps
- At least 5 years working in a digital role in a newsroom
- Up-to-date understanding of digital metrics, social media, and digital distribution trends
- Fluency in a variety of CMSs and graphics programs
- Experience in project management, process improvement, and digital transformation
- Excellent headline-writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- High degree of initiative, strong attention to detail and a solutions orientation
- A fascination with finance, business, technology, and breaking news
Please note this role will require some evening and weekend work.
To apply, go here.