Bankrate.com seeks editors
Bankrate.com is looking for some top-notch editors with great writing, editing and people skills who want to develop the most awesome content team in personal finance. These are important lead editor positions — innovating with and managing an in-house reporting team for one of the most authoritative publications in the personal finance industry.
Success includes developing a stable of social media stars covering personal finance topics within one of our areas of coverage.
Rock-star candidates will be experienced editing content for consumers and innovating award-winning stories and projects. Social media experience is essential, as is familiarity with writing for search optimization.
Our Editor positions are based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, or New York City.
About the Roles:
- Manage, coordinate and edit all coverage from the reporters, bloggers and writers producing content about a variety of personal finance-related topics.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate’s content.
- Understand metrics on our storytelling and allow them to help inform decisions. Actively follow and assign content on personal finance topics and trends.
- Come up with ideas and create content in story form, blogs, quizzes and interactives.
- Be engaged and active in social media, staying current with trends in social media.
- Create and iterate reviews methodology for a variety of personal finance topics.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry sources.
- Create content for one-off features and special requests.
- Knowledgeable of the personal finance and news industries.
- Thorough understanding of business topics.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an editor and manager.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.