Gharib leaves “Nightly Business Report,” replaced by Herera

1. joeredford says:

suzie will start as co-anchor on jan 5? It a shame cnbc ruined a unique show with more of the same.

2. Pete McDaniel says:

I have watched Susie Gharib for the past 16 years.

I will miss her.

• BruceM says:

Susie is the queen of stock market hyperbole. “Catepulting”, “skyrocketing”, “plummeting”, “surging”, “cascading”, “spiraling”…to name some of her favorite superlatives.

I won’the miss that.

3. Stuart B. Harnden says:

“Nightly Business Report”, as well as “Wall Street Week” with Louis Rukeyser, used to be shows where one could separate the wheat from the chaff and understand what actually happened during the day, or week, and why. They dug into stories, asked tough questions of guests, showed significant stats like daily volume, breadth, and told the good when it was good, the bad when it was bad, often with investigative reporting. “Wall Street Week” got the shaft, and “Nightly Business Report” has been getting watered down since the firing of Paul Kangas. Susie’s departure ends the process of honest and meaningful reporting. It’s just the same old blabber you can watch on multiple channels 24 hours a day. Nothing special about it.

• Darcelle says:

I miss and loved Susie Gharib. Perhaps, it was CNBC Iranian Spring chortle. I now watch ET (Entertainment Tonite). No longer a fan and I shall remember this at pledge time. I never like CNBC and there related crew and TeaParty antics. I felt Tom Hudson was throw under the NPR bus. I love Paul Kangas. “Wishing you the best of Good Buys!”

4. Douglas Coleman says:

For the last two weeks, I have been wondering where Susie Gharib was. It was difficult finding out on google. Anyway, I now know that she is doing something else on CNBC. I don’t dislike Sue Hererra, but I sure do miss Susie. She should have been given the top spot on NBR, period. (In my humble opinion). My, My, things do keep changing.

5. Quarsh says:

I will miss Susie and the old format of the show. No longer a fan.

6. C. Springmann says:

So sorry to see Ms. Gharib is no longer on Nightly Business Report. I’ve always enjoyed her reporting, and will miss her after so many years. I guess Ms. Herera is ok, it will take some time to get used to her. Good Luck to Ms. Gharib in her new job!

7. c.g.tablang md says:

she will be missed terribly
    welcome sue herrera

8. juanrock says:

Seems like the old network gods did another number on us. Good job on reporting this story. It’s a shame to find out this way, like all of us here… and I’m sure many to come. I for one, will be watching less and less, as they eventually get their way. More audience, less “real news”. Ughhhhh. Daily show for finance comes next…. did u hear me programming guy who killed our show! Atleast @#$%# try and create something worth a damn. bahhhhhhh hahahhahahha i missssss u Suzie!!! xoxoxo Juan Rock

9. Linda Fraley says:

I have been wondering why I felt the show was choppy and not as entertaining. I was finally forced to see that Susie Gharib was not on a long vacation. I have no reason to watch Nightly Business Report anymore.

10. William w bristowe says:

Ms Gharib will be sincerely missed in this household. She was excellent and is just not replaceable. I especially will miss her interviews with some of the smartest business people in the world. I will wish her luck in future endeavors including retirement. Love

11. TAG says:

This is bull shit !
    If I wanted to watch CNBC I would watch CNBC.
    Next thing you know those shit heads Santelli and Cabrera will be here.

12. zzzhuh says:

Paul Kangas and Susie Gharib were refreshingly good, and I will miss them both. I did not know Nightly Business Report is now owned by CNBC. I hope they don’t ruin it.

13. Julie says:

How sad. Same old story, big hair blonde replacing intelligent classy lady that I can watch every night and never get tired of. Susie Gharib has depths and such unique beauty. She was one of a kind, now replaced by stereotypical. But then, NBR is now CNBC, run of the mill program, won’t be watching it any more.

14. David Nard says:

What can I say— finding out that the irreplaceable Susie Gharib has left NBR, has taken so much of the life out of the program. Whatever CNBC may have done to create a disincentive for her to stay was a huge mistake.

15. I sure miss Kangas and Gharib, they seemed to have more depth and content. I started watching the show fairly religiously back in the 1980s when a penniless grad student. As a viewer I learned the valuable lesson not to listen to financial experts, time usually showed for the most part how wrong their predictions usually were. Now I watch like once a month. Okay, once every two months.

16. Michael R. Harding says:

I am feeling it is time to start to gather information as I begin to want to invest in the market. I turned to an old, faithful program, Nightly Business Report, NBR.

Imagine my disappointment when I tuned in and did not see Susie Gharib! I am not suggesting Sue Herera won’t end up finding her niche, but there’s a reason NBR was as successful. A large portion of the success could be traced to Susie.

I might have to look elsewhere for market news. I don’t watch CNBC for a reason. I don’t want the same on PBS.

17. Joel Porter says:

I must be the only viewer who only misses Paul Kangas, not Susie Gharib.
    Count me in as a big fan of your current duo who will not turn me off as much as Susie did. I think her personality was such that she would be very tough to work with or be interviewed by. Good luck to Sus and Tyler, both very likable and easy to listen to and watch.

18. Charles Rowan says:

Can not believe Susie is not on Night business news, she was great.Dont know if I will watch any more.You have lost a big assist.

19. Mat Ros says:

I’m still trying to determine why Susie Gharib “left” NBR. Was she pushed out by CNBC ?

20. Dan says:

Wall Street Week used to be the greatest show until CNBC hacked it and now NBR, What a shame! I have moved on!

21. Shaun Sullivan Schmitt says:

We will miss watching this awesome lady, Susie Gharib on NBR. I have watched her for many years and enjoyed her style and well as her knowledge. My 17 yr. old has grown very fond of watching her as well, because my daughter and I always sit to watch the new. Good Luck & we will miss you.

22. Beegee says:

I kept hoping over the past 11 months that Susie Gharib would be brought back to her many devoted followers. She really kept the program in focus.
    If I had thought CNBC had anything to offer I would have switched to it.
    Pretty soon there will be nothing at all to watch on TV. Why do all good things get absorbed by all the dismal managements?

23. Bart Solari says:

for many years I enjoyed the thorough concise reports from Mr. Kangas and his team. now one more quality organization to be diluted by the banal antics of CNBC. how the talent (the few there are) remain at CNBC is beyond reason. only thing worse than CNBC TV is their website.

24. maggie says:

very discouraged with NBR. Have watched it for years and appreciated in-depth coverage about the market. Now it is like watching a regular news program. I see repeats of the same stories I just watched on the Nightly News. They’ve lost their edge and I will probably quit watching.

25. Donald Roche says:

I enjoyed the show How can I speak to Susie? I spoke to her and her husband last year. I am visiting Maine this year. I went to college with her .some time ago