The Strategist announces staff updates
New York Times’ The Strategist has disclosed several staff updates in the following announcement:
- Maxine Builder has been promoted to Strategist editor, upped from deputy editor. She has been on staff since 2017 when she joined as staff writer from Time Inc.
- Katy Schneider is now features editor and will lead the print Strategist section, edit print packages beyond the Strategist, and work closely with Curbed, while continuing to contribute ideas to the online Strategist. Schneider was previously a senior editor at the Strategist and first joined New York in 2014, as assistant to then-editor in chief Adam Moss.
- Simone Kitchens has joined the Strategist as a senior editor, and will focus on home, wellness, and travel. She comes from Goop, where was senior editor since 2019. Prior to that she worked as a senior editor at New York, working primarily on the print Strategist section.
- Liza Corsillo has been promoted to senior writer at the Strategist, upped from staff writer. She joined the staff in 2019 and before that worked at GQ.
- Louis Cheslaw has been promoted to associate editor at the Strategist. He was previously a writer and joined the staff in 2020. Before that he worked at Condé Nast Traveler.
- Daniel Varghese has joined the Strategist as an associate editor, also working across digital and print. He was previously a tech and lifestyle writer at GQ and before that associate staff writer at Wirecutter.