New York Times wins three online journalism awards
The New York Times has won three Online Journalism Awards from the Online News Association. The awards, started in 2000, honor excellence in digital journalism.
The awards were for Remembering Emmett Till, for Excellence in Immersive Storytelling (tweet), the
Privacy Project, for Online Commentary (tweet) and Visual Investigations of the continuing conflict in Gaza, in the Feature category (tweet).
The Times also had eight finalists this year. They were as follows:
- The Times, for General Excellence in Online Journalism
- In Breaking News, coverage of the Notre-Dame fire
- In Digital Video Storytelling, “Operation InfeKtion” and Visual Investigations
- In Explanatory Reporting, coverage of Why Disasters Happen
- In Online Commentary for A Woman’s Rights
- In Sports for Nike Told Me to Dream Crazy, Until I Wanted a Baby
- And in the Al Neuharth Innovation in Investigative Journalism category for ”Your Apps Know Where You Were Last Night, and They’re Not Keeping It Secret”
Here is the complete list of winners.