CNN registers largest digital audience in March and April 2020
As COVID-19 began to spread, audiences turned toward CNN for information on the rapidly spreading pandemic.
Just in the U.S., CNN in April saw 173 million unique visitors and March saw 184 million unique visitors. Globally, March registered 259 million unique visitors to CNN Digital properties.
In addition, CNN Digital also surpassed ESPN in March and was only behind YouTube, Facebook, Hulu, Vevo, Yahoo, and Netflix in digital video streams.
CNN was also:
- #1 in global digital news in March 2020
- #1 in U.S. multiplatform visitors in March and April 2020
- #1 in mobile unique visitors in March and April 2020
- #1 in multiplatform video starts in March 2020
- #1 in millennial reach in march and April 2020
- #1 political news source in march and April 2020