Society of American Business Editors and Writers members will be casting ballots this year for candidates running for six seats on the Board of Governors. Each term lasts for three years, ending in the spring of 2020.
There are seven candidates running for the six available seats. All are members in good standing.
The incumbent board members running for the board are:
- Robert Barba, technology editor, American Banker
- Shobhana Chandra, economics reporter, Bloomberg News
- Glenn Hall, U.S. news editor, The Wall Street Journal
- Dean Murphy, associate editor, The New York Times
The following three candidates are also running for a seat on the board:
- Rich Barbieri, executive editor, CNNMoney
- Marilyn Geewax, senior business news editor, National Public Radio
- James B. Nelson, deputy business editor, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
For more information on all the candidates, click here.
Results of the election will be announced at the Best in Business award ceremony on April 29 at the spring conference in Seattle.
Voting members will receive voting instructions via email.
Under the SABEW bylaws, all individual members can vote, as well as a single representative of each of the Society’s approximately 190 institutional members.